1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cheat's topping for cupcakes

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I am normally, you know...do it proper and from scratch etc but this wee tip is from a very dear colleague and I tried it and it works and it is lecker...
    You know that Angel Delight stuff? Or Asda etc have their own brand of it (we call it Paradiscreme here and it is from Dr. Oetker)
    Well, whip up the flavour of your choice with whipping cream rather than milk and then use it to top your cup cakes.
    It is megaliscious and so easy if you need to be quick and cheat.

2. I am normally, you know...do it proper and from scratch etc but this wee tip is from a very dear colleague and I tried it and it works and it is lecker...
    You know that Angel Delight stuff? Or Asda etc have their own brand of it (we call it Paradiscreme here and it is from Dr. Oetker)
    Well, whip up the flavour of your choice with whipping cream rather than milk and then use it to top your cup cakes.
    It is megaliscious and so easy if you need to be quick and cheat.

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I think we've decided that we don't like the term 'cupcakes'...
    But the cheats icing sounds like something that wouldn't make it as far as icing the cake...in fact, it sounds like something made to be eaten from the bowl [​IMG]

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

If we're being honest...there are days that the cake batter gets eaten from the bowl.....who amongst us hasn't on occassion made a batch of batter that the recipe states will make 12 cakes - and found it only makes 8....and then blames the recipe for inaccuracy and ignores the tell-tell smears aropund the lips!

5. ooooooooooops. I blame the kids [​IMG]

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I blame Mr EG! [​IMG]