1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap ways to cheer up

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jonkers, May 26, 2011.

1. jonkers

jonkers New commenter

A fish finger sandwich, has to be white bread spread with butter, 1 piece spread with tartare sauce or mayonnaise, the other with ketchup. 3 fingers, 2mins 20secs in microwave, instant pleasure. Add 1 bottle of gin, £9.01 (Sainsburys) and nirvana is yours.

2. I could find you loads of choc for that. [​IMG]

3. jonkers

jonkers New commenter

But would that deaden the pain? [​IMG]

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Looking for extracts and/or opening title sequences from favourite childhood TV programmes on YouTube, or comedy routines and tunes that Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart used to play on 'Junior Choice'.

I found some Bob Newhart stuff on there the other day - cracked me up it did. 'Tobacco' and 'King Kong' - classics. Plus Terry Scott's 'My Brother' and the Stan Freberg version of the Banana Boat Song.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Changing your avator

6. A walk along the canal - lots of ducklings and yellow iris and other lovely flora and fauna at the moment, plus people on boats who always greet you with a warn hello. Have a good sing - apparently it releases the endorphins that make you feel good - usually works for me. Its even better if you can sing with other people and be sociable.

7. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Hmmm, re film recommendations I'd go for something cheesily uplifting. Muriel's Wedding? Footloose? Dirty Dancing? Wedding Singer?
    Or you could plan a bake off with friends -you all bring a baked offering and decide a winner! Make your own pizza nights?
    Although personally I think you're on to a winner with the Glee singing!