1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Hotels in London near Paddington

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Busstopjen, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

They'll be sky high because of the Royal wedding on the 29th (also a bank hol) so you may really struggle.

2. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Will there be camping in Hyde Park?

There was during the Jubelee in '77

3. it's not in Paddington, however it is one of the cheapest single rooms you'll find in London at £45

County Hotel a short walk from Kings Cross and St Pancras.

Anyone else feel that the cost and poor standard of cheap hotel accommodation in London is shocking?

4. mrswallow

mrswallow Occasional commenter

It may be cheaper to stay somewhere like Reading and travel in on the train using a Oneday Capital Card. It might not be. There are plenty of cheap hotels in Paddington, but for some reason they tend to charge by the hour....

5. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

Agree a very high price forvVery poor standards, a lot of these hotels require refurbishment and modernising.

hobs, i checked out the hotel, unfortunately don't like the idea of:

'All bedrooms have washbasins and share one bathroom to every four bedrooms. '

6. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

I always stay at the Tune hotel in westminster (part of a well known chain from Asia)...it's like the EasyJet of hotels, you pay extra for tv, hairdryer etc but the bed's comfy and the shower's hot! Don't know what prices will be like that weekend though!

7. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Last time I went cheap in London (holiday time, couldn't pretend to be on a recruiting 'jolly') it was an eleventh-hour decision to fly easyjet in the morning, lunch with the aged Ps, go to a gig at the ENO that I absolutely had to see, and return next day.
    Flight: €90 return
    Lunch (paid for by loving oldsters)
    Ticket: £45
    'Hotel' in Earl's Court: €35
    The aged Ps were in good fettle and the opera was everything I had hoped.
    The 'hotel' was an education in itself. Like when Mrs Dude and I would check in to budget places in Colombia and the desk would ask, after a lascivious appraisal of both of us, "an hour or the whole night?".
    Except I'm now older, and I don't speak Russian.

8. I found a nice enough place and only £30 a night 2 min walk from paddington! Cant for the life of me remember the name (so not that useful) but found it on laterooms.com