1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chat to Nick Gibb about encouraging children to read more books ? Thursday 9 Feb at 11am-noon

Discussion in 'Primary' started by TES_Community, Feb 8, 2012.

1. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Minister of State for Schools Nick Gibb will be online at TES towers from 11am-Noon Thursday (February 9) to chat about how we can encourage children and young people of all ages to read more books.
    Nick gave a speech on this very subject on Tuesday and the DfE has launched a National Schools Reading Competition for 7-12 year olds.
    If you've got a question for Nick, or a comment you'd like to make on how schools can help promote reading, email us in advance of the chat to dfechat@tes.co.uk.
    You can also pose questions on the day and watch the chat live. You can return to the chat page to read a replay of the session anytime.

2. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Minister of State for Schools Nick Gibb will be online at TES towers from 11am-Noon Thursday (February 9) to chat about how we can encourage children and young people of all ages to read more books.
    Nick gave a speech on this very subject on Tuesday and the DfE has launched a National Schools Reading Competition for 7-12 year olds.
    If you've got a question for Nick, or a comment you'd like to make on how schools can help promote reading, email us in advance of the chat to dfechat@tes.co.uk.
    You can also pose questions on the day and watch the chat live. You can return to the chat page to read a replay of the session anytime.

3. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Thanks. Here's a question - why couldn't he do it between 12pm and 1pm instead, when more teachers could actually ask him questions rather than be, um, teaching?

4. seakay

seakay New commenter

I would like to, but like most primary school teachers, I will be teaching from 11 until past noon - in all likelihood teaching children about reading, but I do understand that not being an Oxford graduate that there is probably someone out there who can do it better. Still it's nice for the current administration to make themselves easily available to us teachers. I've spoken to Mr Gibb about reading and he does have some rather exciting opinions that I'm sure many people would benefit from hearing.

5. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

we're on half term next week. why couldn't this have been scheduled for next week when we could have actually joined in?

6. Hi
    We tried to arrange it for next week but this was not possible due to his schedule.
    You can view a replay anytime and you can also still send your questions to the email address dfechat@tes.co.uk. We had a large number of questions that we could not fit into the hour available.

7. Hi
    You can replay the chat on the same page:
    replay live chat
    With the outstanding emailed questions, these will be posted on the site and linked to from the DfE page www.tes.co.uk/dfe