1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chasing your tail?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sparklesocks, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Since I've been back at school I feel as if i have been totally chasing my tail - planning never seems to be up to date, marking my books is nearly killing me - and I'm not even going to start on displays!

However I have spent the best part of the weekend working, I am planned, marked, tidied and feeling organised now. Days seems to be coming faster that I can take them in and process what is going on! So I am hoping that the result of all of my work this weekend will mean I'm on top of things!

How has everyone else's term started off?I'm praying that I am not the only one who has been chasing my tail!

2. At least you sound as if you may have caught yours. Mine is still far from caught!

3. CB123

CB123 New commenter

I was feeling the exact same. I too have worked most of the weekend and although I have caught up on a lot I still have things left on the list - arrr!!! Roll on half term.

4. So much for forward planning! Only Monday and I'm wrecked! Currently marking my literacy books, then have half of my maths to finish off.

And the to-do list has doubled over the day - I love my job but miss all my free time!!

Sorry moan over

5. You are not alone. In fact I am so behind, I can never catch up. I am exhausted already and we're hardly into the Spring term.

6. My tail is so far away I can't see it.
    I have cried every day for a week because I am so so exhausted already and can't see it getting any better.

7. missied

missied New commenter

Since Christmas all I have done is planning, re-planning to fit new criteria, mark books and cry! I'm so fed up. I don't seem to have time to live my life or do my work and I've now been told to make sure that I have lots of stimuli to 'excite, engage and extend' my class - I've been wracking my brain to try to work out how I'm going to do this on top of everything else. I even went to the head to tell him that I wasn't coping and was really struggling and worried about how I was feeling he told me to go home and forget work for the weekend and relax!!!!!!! How out of touch????

8. I really feel your pain! Go home, forget about work and relax? Is that even possible?

The kids keep me going; seeing their enjoyment and improvment makes me feel like the planning is worthwile; now just to tacke those extra roles.

Seriously though guys-tears are not good, you need to ask for extra time to try and get on top of things. Speak to smt who have to help.