1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chartered Teacher and COSLA

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by aclockworkorange, Apr 1, 2011.

1. In our school, NASUWT is easily the largest union, representatively. We have, today, had the results of a ballot, based on reaction to the proposals from COSLA - re teachers' pay and conditions. One clause states that 'some limited changes were proposed to the Chartered Teacher Scheme, but proposals to freeze entry to the Chartered Teacher Scheme were reverted to ...'
    What implications does this have for the CT programme?

2. Curtains? Read and reply to the consultation for the Mc Cormac report and it may give you further hints. I am working my way through CT. I submitted a 6 module APL claim before all this came about . Due to the ratification system I may now only get a 1 module pay rise. I feel betrayed . I have spent months working my socks off in formulating the claim, not to mention the cost in both time and money. Take comfort in that the NASUWT did at least vote to reject the proposals.