1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jenbabe, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Our class novel is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and was wondering if anyone had any good activities which could work alongside this. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanx

2. Our class novel is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and was wondering if anyone had any good activities which could work alongside this. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanx

3. Design a new chocolate bar and then use Publisher to create chocolate bar wrapper.

4. gill42

gill42 New commenter

How about designing a new room in the factory using all the senses. Could brainstorm a few ideas first to give them an idea - if you go onto the Roald Dahl official site it may give you some more ideas - you have to register but its free.

5. Look at the characters. The children are all awful (except our hero of course) - describe them, draw them, create new ones with new ways of being kicked out of the factory.

6. following on from juliejd could you design the packaging and then actually make it?

Character profiles

7. I've just finished a weeks worth of charlie and choc activities as my school has recently had book week.
    A few things we did :

compared the movies - looking at character, script and costume.

Used the factory noises from original film and combined music and drama, where the children used their body and voice to become a room full of invention machines. (Physical Theatre)

We invented and made new choco bars and wrappers (linked literacy - adjectives / aliteration, and Numeracy - Nets / measuring) They LOVED this.
    We then made TV advertisements using digi blues.

Lots of Hot seating/teacher in role - looking at morals / Right and wrong i.e. parent's fault? Then we drew a map of what we thought the factory looked like and made safety improvements i.e. signs, barriers and speaker systems reminding of rules.

We finished the week with a piece of writing, as if they were the fifth ticket winner, and not Charlie and how they would have experienced the factory. We focused on senses in Literacy so they really flew with this. Good chance to get some assessed writing out of them!

oh, one last thing - you must type 'wonka ticket' into Google Images, as if you print one off in colour and back it onto a larger piece of cold card, it is brilliant to use as a Drama/writing starting point!

Have fun!

8. We did a whole half term topic last year on charlie and the chocolate factory. My planning for it is at school (decided to leave my laptop there for the weekend!!!) - leave your email address and I will email the planning to you.

9. I made a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book corner. The children designed and made their own sweets, we made a bush made out of skittles (well supposed to look like skittles) and lollipop trees. My teaching assistant even made a chocolate waterfall. Most of this was on the wall display above the books but we also hung the sweets from the ceiling. The children really enjoyed themselves.

10. Crazyteacher - I've just started this text with my Year 4 class, as part of stories set in imaginary worlds. Is there any chance you would be able to foward your planning/activities onto me please? I'd be really grateful.

Thanks
    Rachel

rachel_smith1983@yahoo.co.uk

11. I am moving into Year 3/4 in September and want to do a unit on Charlie and the Chocolate factory.I would be really grateful if you could send me what you have got.
    Thanks
    Catherine

c.andrews84@yahoo.co.uk

12. I am about to start work on CHarlie and The Choc Factory...cross curricula ...so should be really exciting!

Could I possibly have a copy of the planning too? I ammore than happy to share my ideas too when ihave them in some sort of order.

If you do a search on the staffroom blog on this site....or infact follow this link it will give you some ideas from the sites.

https://www.tes.co.uk/section/staffroom/thread.aspx?story_...

13. Hi there

i am moving schools in January and will be joining a year 3 class who will be studying this book in Literacy. If anyone does still have planning and resources i would be very grateful for a copy! I have been in upper KS2 for a while and not sure of the pitch!

my email is angel.27@hotmail.com

thank you very very much!

14. Hi there

i am moving schools in January and will be joining a year 3 class who will be studying this book in Literacy. If anyone does still have planning and resources i would be very grateful for a copy! I have been in upper KS2 for a while and not sure of the pitch!

my email is angel.27@hotmail.com

thank you very very much!

15. Hi

I saw your message about having plans for charlie and the chocolate factory. We are doing this for book week. Was wondering if you would share resources and flipcharts at all..

My email is sparkle1978@live.com

if you can help it would be apprectiated

Pav

16. hi i see you have done some charlie and the chocolate planning
    would you be able to email it to me
    thanks
    joscott4@hotmail.com

17. Could i possibly have a peek at your plan too?

Thanks

fallon_anderson@live.co.uk

18. Hi

I have just seen this thread and wondered if you still had your planning? If so is there any chance you could possibly email it to me at mj2811@hotmail.com
    Many thanks
    Mel

19. Hi there! I too would really appreciate having a look at these plans. If they are still available could you emai them too me as well at louise @brier.plus.com. Thank you Louise

20. Hi Crazy Teacher,
    I saw that ages ago you posted about some Charlie and the Chocolate Factory planning. We're doing a half term's work on it in my school this coming term and wondered if its possible you could email me any ideas or planning to. Any help would be appreiciated. Thanks.
    kazwilliams@ntlworld.com