1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Charles at 70

Discussion in 'Personal' started by stopwatch, Nov 10, 2018.

?

What do you think of our future King?

1. I think he is a great bloke

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. I think he is a good bloke

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. I think he is OK

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. I don't have any feelings either way

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. I don't particularly like him

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. I can't stand him

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

If he ever becomes HRH King Charles I think he will follow in his mothers shadow, yet show his own brand at the same time. The Queen has been steadfast for so long surely it is time? I am a monarchist in the British sense of the word, the monarchy still has a very important role to play IMO.

2. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

The royal PR machine seems to have kicked in to enhance his appearance of late. Do they know something about the Queen's health that they aren't letting on?

3. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

More likely just preparing the way, she is into her 90's now. Prince Philip is older than HRH as well. Charles should be in the driving seat now IMO.

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

If you're passing red I'll call an ambulance for you.

5. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I think Red is a closet Monarchist, after all, he frequently brings the Monarchy into conversations;) Does he perhaps protest a little too much:p

6. Jamvic

Jamvic Senior commenter

Kinda his fault that he chose to continue to cheat on said ‘unsuitable’ bride from day one and expected her to just live with that situation for life as a part of her new reality. Would you want a husband under those circumstances.

InkyP likes this.
  7. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I'm just pleased to see him happy now that he has married the woman he loves. It was awful to see how unhappy he and Di were making each other. I think we are lucky to live in this day and age because of all the kings and queens we've had over the years, our royal family today are probably the best of the bunch.

8. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

That's damning with faint praise....

9. silkywave

silkywave Lead commenter

Propaganda...

10. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

No, I really do think so. The younger ones, in particular, get out and meet people and work with ordinary people and, looking back over the time I've been on this earth, I've seen lots of good things which they have done. This is meant to be good praise for them and thankfulness that I live in this day and age an not many others in the past.