1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Charging for snacks in a pre-school

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by CaptainDJ, Jul 30, 2011.

1. CaptainDJ

CaptainDJ New commenter

Hi all, I am treasurer at a playschool that is a registered charity. When I joined we were charging for snacks and have continued to do so (currently 50p a week). I have recently been told my the manager of another preschool that we are not allowed to charge and this should be covered by our funding. Can you please just confirmt if that is the case? (will save me a lot of paperwork!)Thanks in advance

2. CaptainDJ

CaptainDJ New commenter

Hi all, I am treasurer at a playschool that is a registered charity. When I joined we were charging for snacks and have continued to do so (currently 50p a week). I have recently been told my the manager of another preschool that we are not allowed to charge and this should be covered by our funding. Can you please just confirmt if that is the case? (will save me a lot of paperwork!)Thanks in advance

3. Thumperrabbit

Thumperrabbit New commenter

Yes, she's right. We get around this by asking for donations, just make sure they are the kind of things that keep eg crackers, bread sticks, raisins. We also ask for donations of hand wipes, tissues, anti-bac spray etc