1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Charging for Resources

Discussion in 'English' started by crazy-trousers, Jul 23, 2015.

1. I have nothing against paying for a resource - and have done so on a number of occasions in the last few weeks.

I further appreciate that the user review system might seem to be an effective method when deciding whether a resource is worth purchasing, for the allocated fee.

However, I would like to know if there are any plans for a QC system to be put in place, in order to ensure that we get value for money?

You may be thinking I have answered my own question, with regard to my comment on the user review system.

Notwithstanding this, if a new resource has no reviews, am I to take a punt blindly; hoping that the resource purchased will be of a higher standard than those available freely?

2. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Are there no previews available? I've not looked at it in detail but I would have thought that'd be a good indication. Also, there might be user ratings so you get an idea of how they are rated generally.

3. WaylonWu

WaylonWu Established commenter

Sometimes it's best to go along with your instinct if you think something will be useful.