1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Charging for after school clubs

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by 123glowsticks, May 28, 2019.

1. 123glowsticks

123glowsticks New commenter

My school recently started charging providers of after school clubs an admin fee of £50 per term. Didn't charge them anything prior to this and school didn't make any money out of it.

I'm keen to learn if this is normal or if you charge a hall hire rate per week. and roughly how much do clubs charge the children (not staff lead)

Companies charge £5.50-£8 per week for a 10-11 week term.

Some clubs have passed the cost onto the students. Say 20-25 students, you would have thought the cost would increase by £2-2.50 per term.
    One club used the fee as excuse to raise costs by £1 per session ie making additional £10 per child x 20 children = £200.

How other schools manage their clubs?

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Totally up to the school and their individual circumstances which I'm afraid won't help you much.

3. sulkydame

sulkydame New commenter

We charge a very small fee to one outside provider of an after school club who then charge £4 per session to the children. Other clubs we use outside providers for, we pay them directly from our sports funding so our children have them for free. We are in quite a deprived area so this works well for us.