1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing the ending of a story- lesson objective?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sara2323, Jan 23, 2011.

1. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I am planning my literacy lessons for next week and the focus is on children changing the ending of a traditional story- this is a year 1 class. They have done lots of work on the story and written their own version.
    I am trying to think of a child friendly objective for the first lesson as it is being observed and my target is to simplifiy the lesson objectives.
    L.O: To change the ending of a story
    Context: The gingerbread man
    Is this child friendly?

2. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I am planning my literacy lessons for next week and the focus is on children changing the ending of a traditional story- this is a year 1 class. They have done lots of work on the story and written their own version.
    I am trying to think of a child friendly objective for the first lesson as it is being observed and my target is to simplifiy the lesson objectives.
    L.O: To change the ending of a story
    Context: The gingerbread man
    Is this child friendly?

3. thinking of prior learning and the 'learning journey' and all that rubbish that HT and inspectors ask are you clear why you are doing this?
    If they have already written their own version why re write the ending again? Why start of on a mon with that? Have they read enough trad story endings to magpie other ideas to give them some thoughts?
    Otherwise you may have some very blank children..plus also where are you taking this skill on tuesday?

4. Just to be clear, your objective will stay the same.
    You will need to give the children some way of understanding this objective and that is the objective you share with the children.
    You could have something like....
    'To make the gingerbread man a bit more ........ exciting/scary/happy/ etc by changing the end'
    That way it is clear what the children have to change and how they have to change it.

5. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Thanks- this is not my own class and I have been asked to plan for this. I am currently on placement and there is a huge push on writing in this school.