1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing teaching subjects

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tmahmoud, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I know this is something lots of people have asked in the past but I would like some advice. I have just started my NQT year teaching MFL, having done a degree in languages. However, I am fairly certain that I would prefer to teach Geography as well or instead. I have A-level Geography and strongly considered it as a degree subject (long story!) I have thought that when my y11s leave I might use the time to observe in the department and am happy to read through courses etc. Other than talking to my SLT is there anything else specific I could do to help myself? Many thanks for any ideas.

2. Welcome to TES. Sorry.. have absolutely no careers advice to offer, but my best advice would be to post this on Careers or Personal.... you're on the Entertainment forum, and although we are all lovely, and friendly, this is probably not the best place to seek such specific advice. Not a lot of people come here.......! Good luck! [​IMG]

3. Thank you! my mistake!