1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Changing specialisim abroad

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by RobertsResources, Nov 15, 2011.

  1. That's also the issue, I have a degree from Liverpool University in Computer and Multimedia Systems!
  2. Gary.
    Perce' is correct.
    Many international schools like their PE teachers to teach across the Key Stages, too; how is your Year 2 'Team Games', Year 6 gymnastics or your Year 11 basketball, volleyball, rugby (the kids will know an awful lot!)?
    I have headed two PE departments overseas and worked with geographers, chemists, maths and English teachers who 'helped' in the PE department; they were all shit! [​IMG] ...joke...sort of.
    But! We did have to work the timetable around what they could specialise in.
    Top tier schools will not employ a non-specialist, simply because there are plenty around, but second tiers might. *** schools employ staff without teaching degrees; how many in their PE Departments will be PE trained? Only the HODs, I suspect.
    Another poster is right as well. A good maths teacher happy to help out in PE would be a pretty valuable commodity anywhere. The world could be your oysterrrrrrrrrr.

  3. Wow - no *** allowed. The soundalike is banned as well. Soon Al Jolson won't be allowed!
    'C-h-ewyfat' schools.

Share This Page