1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing our cours and totally stuck!

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by revisionstation, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Hiyah
    They all have their merits, it depends on the kids of students you will be teaching. A top set would be able to stretch their legs on the AQA and easily romp home with good marks if they can show some judgment and analysis. If you have more of a mixed bag of kids (I've got from A to E) then the OCR suits as it has lots of simple questions (as well as harder ones) on the exam paper to get the kids into the marks.
    I have taught OCR for umpteen years and been an AQA examiner for 12 years and their are merits in both specs. If it helps you may want to look at how the syllabus could be split and see what suits. The OCR works for me as I pick up my students in the tail end of their year 9 so I can start with all the fun enterprise (dragons den) and marketing (shop stall) projects to get them buzzing about the subject.
    I would stay away from the applied specs and the double awards, you never get enough time / trips from SMT to be able to make these work properly.
    Hope that has helped.
    Regards
    Sarah Hilton
    www.revisionstation.co.uk

2. staffam

staffam New commenter

Have just sent you a message. Contact me if you are interested.