1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing mixed numbers to an improper fraction and vice versa worksheets

Discussion in 'Primary' started by thedancingqueen, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Has anyone got a set of differentiated worksheets for children to practice changing mixed numbers to an improper fraction and then once grasped, changing an improper fraction to a mixed number please? I'm on placement with a year 5 class. It's the last week of placement and my degree and I have a lot of work to do this week in school and out so any time saved is great. So far, we have practised writing fractions, I've taught and reinforced the key vicabulary e.g. numerator and denominator and I have taught them about equivalent fractions which they have finally grasped. It's taken a few days. I am going to check primary resources and promethean planet to see if I can find a powerpoint/flipchart that I can adapt. Even one worksheet I can adapt would be great. I've been looking online but I haven't anything suitable yet.

2. Has anyone got a set of differentiated worksheets for children to practice changing mixed numbers to an improper fraction and then once grasped, changing an improper fraction to a mixed number please? I'm on placement with a year 5 class. It's the last week of placement and my degree and I have a lot of work to do this week in school and out so any time saved is great. So far, we have practised writing fractions, I've taught and reinforced the key vicabulary e.g. numerator and denominator and I have taught them about equivalent fractions which they have finally grasped. It's taken a few days. I am going to check primary resources and promethean planet to see if I can find a powerpoint/flipchart that I can adapt. Even one worksheet I can adapt would be great. I've been looking online but I haven't anything suitable yet.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Thanks. That's a good website to use. Can anyone think of a good way of actually explaining this to them? There is such a wide range of abilities in the class, I know some children are really likely to struggle with it.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide