1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing key stage after NQT year

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Jun 1, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Hi all, im due to complete my NQT year at the end of this term, and have had my contract made permanent after a ks1 teacher gave her notice in. Im currently in yr5/6 but have said that id love to be in yr2. Its pretty much 95% certain at the moment that i will get my wish, but im now wondering if this is the best idea!! i did yr2 in my final placement, so its not new, but i think that it'll almost be like starting my NQT year again!!! Im really excitied about it, but am pretty nervous too!!!! Id be going from 1 of 3 yr5/6 teachers, to the only yr2 teacher. I know id still get support, even though i wouldnt have a mentor i no my current mentor and the KS1 team would still support me, but i suppose im just doubting myself.
    Has anyone else made such a big leap after their NQT year?

2. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Hi all, im due to complete my NQT year at the end of this term, and have had my contract made permanent after a ks1 teacher gave her notice in. Im currently in yr5/6 but have said that id love to be in yr2. Its pretty much 95% certain at the moment that i will get my wish, but im now wondering if this is the best idea!! i did yr2 in my final placement, so its not new, but i think that it'll almost be like starting my NQT year again!!! Im really excitied about it, but am pretty nervous too!!!! Id be going from 1 of 3 yr5/6 teachers, to the only yr2 teacher. I know id still get support, even though i wouldnt have a mentor i no my current mentor and the KS1 team would still support me, but i suppose im just doubting myself.
    Has anyone else made such a big leap after their NQT year?