1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing Jobs

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SukiYogiPeanut, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Can i start looking for jobs when already employed for next year? Got an excellent Head so just worried about next steps! Been in the same school for few years now.

2. I would have thought you could but the earliest you can start will be Christmas, handing in your notice by October half term. You will need to tell the head teacher, especially if you are putting them down for references. I wouldn't imagine there would be many jobs with a January start advertised until after the schools have gone back in September.

3. If teaching you can look for January. But for gawds sake, in this dire economic climate do NOT resign without a job to go to!

4. Spoke to my headteacher about my plans and she is very supportive, going back in September and going to apply for posts then. My job is secure and will NOT be handing in my resignation unless I have a job to go to. Thanks.