1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing jobs and going through threshold

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by jubilee, Jun 28, 2011.

1. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

Definitely, definitely do it now at your current school. They will have your last 2 PM reviews to allow the decision to be made an d apassing through in this Round of Threshold will mean UPS1 from 1st Sept 2011 ( backdated to that date if the decision is not made until the end of October which is the deadline). Your new school would have to honour the decision.
    Delay and the new school would want to wait until they had a PM review + you'd need to liasie back with your old school and you wouldn't actually be placed on UPS1 until 1st Sept 2012 at the earlliest.

2. ianj6

ianj6 New commenter

I was in almost the same position last year UPS2 -3 and starting a new job in a new LEA. Do it now so everything can be squared away easily, otherwise you may need a lot of paperwork, and running back and forth. I took 3 months just to get a P45 out of my old school, luckily I got my old head to write a letter before I left saying they agreed with the UPS3 which my new head honoured.

Ian

3. Do it now if you can, although your current school has to arrange a formal lesson observation through the LA so it might be cutting it a bit fine. If not, you should be able to apply in September and use your last 2 PM records as evidence. You might well find your new school just pay you up1 anyway as they have presumed an mp6 teacher will go through threshold - this happened to me.

4. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

Whatever do you mean? There is no need for an LA observation in order to pass through Threshold.

5. I meant that's what I did and that's what the schools in my area do. Apologies.

6. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

??????????????
    Surely not!
    How can schools in your area require this?

7. I don't know!!! Nonetheless, it is what they do!

8. bodyngirls

bodyngirls New commenter

Im in the same situation and I was wondering what the outcome is?

9. Malaguena

Malaguena New commenter

I imagine that you will be paid at your new school what you agreed they would pay you when you accepted the job. There is no portability anymore so the school would not have to honour any salary other than the one you agreed when you accepted the job, surely?

10. wanet

wanet Lead commenter

11. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

You may be in the same situation but no school has to honour pay portability. It all changed in September 2013

Exactly.

12. Amylicorice

Amylicorice New commenter

hi, I don't mean to interupt but I have a question. I have been offered to start a job on UPS1 and I am currently on M6- the new school have asked for documentation- I've emailed them to find out what documentation they mean. My question is does my new school look at my performance reviews and then put me on UPS, or does my old school move me to UPS (having not actually offered to do this).

13. Malaguena

Malaguena New commenter

That is a different case - you have specifically been offered a move to UPS1 by your new school. I imagine the "documentation" the new school wants is your PM documents from your present school to be sure that you hit targets etc to warrant the increase. Well done you, you must have really impressed them!

14. Amylicorice

Amylicorice New commenter

Aww thanks for the compliment and for the clarification. Changing jobs is just so stressful and I didn't want to look dumb asking my new school.