1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing job just before Y6 sats??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by claire810, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Has anyone ever changed job just before y6 SATs? Not the perfect scenario but would you do it?

2. Depends on how important the move is for you. Only you can answer that one.

3. I got my job in a year 6 class at Easter, because the Deputy at that school moved on to a headship.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I never have, but I definitely wouldn't sacrifice a good career move for it.

If your school are that bothered they might negotiate something with your new school, but it is really their problem not yours.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

By the start of the Summer Term most of the teaching towards preparation (whether overt, or just as part of ordinary teaching) for SATs will have been done. So no I wouldn't worry about it.
    As a previous poster says it's the school's problem. Actually I'd be more worried as the 'new' teacher taking over the class at Easter & then being told I hadn't done my job well enough!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOL! Now I have done that, but as Easter is very late this year and there is a day off for a wedding, there is barely enough time to take breath let alone teach anything. Sounds like the perfect job! Can blame the previous teacher for anything and everything!

If you want the post then go for it...you have to be a bit selfish in your career. Best of Luck.