1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing end date of maternity leave

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Bowles78, Feb 21, 2011.

1. I think I posted this in the wrong place at first.

I have been on Maternity leave since the end of August and was planning to hand my notice in after easter and then go back at the May half-term holiday to do my 13 weeks. However a month ago my partner lost a very big contract and I had to change my plans. I am now going back mid-March. I have two children who will be in nursery for sometime and looked after by my partner on his three, now free, days off. But as is the way of the world things have changed again. He has now been given another permanent contract. This will mean train fares of £600 and full time nursery cost of £1250. Which all in all almost wipes out my wages. His new role is at a level that would mean I could go back to my original plan. Where do I stand? I have already given notice to end my maternity leave. Can I change this again? Or am I now tied in to return? Help please

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Step 1: discuss it with your Head.