1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

changing classes and key stages half way through the year

Discussion in 'Primary' started by squshe, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I have taught in KS1 for the past seven years, four of which were part time. As a teacher was leaving in Year 4, I was given the opportunity to go full time and take the class. My Job share wanted to stay in ours full time. I'm rather nervous! The class are one I have had before, so that is good, but I am really unsure about the new curriculum for Key Stage 2 and will be teaching on my own. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

2. How good is your school for planning etc? Going to a year group you are unfamiliar with is difficult but achievable if the planning is there, and very difficult if it isn't.
    As far as jumping back into full time, I've done that this term and as far as school is concerned, it has been easy enough. I'm teaching more subjects which is fun and although I am out of my comfort zone in a few subjects I haven't taught in 10 years, it does come back to you quickly.
    As far as my home life is concerned, I've had to make a few changes but not a lot.

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Year 4 is a lovely year! I think it is fairly easy to get your head around - they are still so excited in their learning and you can have fun with them.

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Did exactly the same and it is fine. you soon get into it.