1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing bag

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Bumblybee, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hello!
    Just wondering if anybody can recommend a good changing bag in the £30-£40 price range? I'm currently using the free one from boots and finding it too small (I am a seasoned over-packer!). There was a lovely Koto bag from Boots recommended on another thread, but it's brown and my pushchair is black and red.
    I'm happy to look for second hand bags. I was recently outbid on an oioi bag [​IMG] on ebay, but found it hard to judge what the bag was actually worth having heard no reviews. I have no friends with little ones and so am appealing to you all!
    Please help ...even if it's to say which bags I should avoid.
    Thanks x

2. Hello!
    Just wondering if anybody can recommend a good changing bag in the £30-£40 price range? I'm currently using the free one from boots and finding it too small (I am a seasoned over-packer!). There was a lovely Koto bag from Boots recommended on another thread, but it's brown and my pushchair is black and red.
    I'm happy to look for second hand bags. I was recently outbid on an oioi bag [​IMG] on ebay, but found it hard to judge what the bag was actually worth having heard no reviews. I have no friends with little ones and so am appealing to you all!
    Please help ...even if it's to say which bags I should avoid.
    Thanks x

3. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

I have an Oioi tote changing bag, bought by my mother in law for a Christmas present (baby was born 2 weeks before Christmas). It's fab- nice and roomy, nice leather trimmings, loads of pockets, changing mat and bottle holder. There's a really useful clip for keys inside which keeps them handy. The oilcloth has cracked slightly but I don't really mind. It's multicoloured with some red butterflies as well as other colours, so would match your pram. I've only ever seen one other mum with the same one, whereas the Cath Kidston and Yummy Mummy Pink Lining bags seem to be everywhere- although they're very nice too! Mine cost about £70 I think. My friend bought a £200 Storksak bag, red leather, so gorgeous- but I wouldn't spend that much on a changing bag personally.

4. Baba Bing all the way for us although we went for the PATERNITY satchel rather than the mummy one, thinking that OH might feel a bit daft with a girly changing bag if out on his own with LO and I was more than happy to have the chocolate coloured one: http://www.bababing.com/
    Lots of handy pockets, zips etc and very sturdy. I found that the Boots freebie one didn't stand up on its own.
    Anyway, that was the one we liked. RRP £50

5. Thanks so much ladies. I'm now 'watching' some OiOi and Baba Bing bags on ebay. I do love a bargain!
    Bumbly x

6. TK Maxx had a few in I had my eye on the other week that I quite liked (ain't bought one yet - got one free with the pram but I don't like it).

7. I'm looking for a new one for my second - i used the one that came with my pram but it's falling apart now. a couple of friends have pacapods which look really handy but retail for about 70 - i am curtrently looking at ebay.
    i overpack too.

8. I found it a right pain that changing bags weren't good to carry without buggy as I used a sling and nowadays often out without buggy on local trips. So I bought a decent backpack and a good fold up mat with compartments for changing bits.

9. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

I just used a normal handbag, and a mini insulated luchbag for any food/milk. Great as you don't have to spend any moremoney! And just used a laptop bag for hubby as he wasn't keen on carrying a womna's bag

10. Thanks so much everybody! I continue to be outbid ...but at least I know that there are plenty of bags out there which will cope with my 'everything but the kitchen sink' packing philosophy [​IMG].
    Bumbly x

11. nmason

nmason New commenter

Skip hop duo has been brilliant for me, go it off ebay for £10 (inc p&p). Plenty of space, pockets and waterproof which was really important as I used to do lots of walking.Also had quick release pram clips which were brilliant. Just got a Radley handbag off ebay as wanted to 'downsize' now my little one isn't so little. The key thing with ebay is to leave it until you have 20 secs left and input the maximum amount you want to pay. If you get it you get if you don't then it obviously wasn't meant to be [​IMG] Good luck bidding!