1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing bag

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by snowcloud, May 13, 2010.

1. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Looking for a really nice changing bag. What are you all getting?

2. Have you seen the 'lin and leo changing bag' thread? Might be useful?

3. I used the free boots one until I got an idea of what I wanted and then got one from TKMaxx when GG was about 10 week old.

4. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

I love the look of lin and leo - I'll check it out

5. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

I am now loving the Pacapod

6. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Has anyone bought any yet or decided?

7. MLT

MLT

Just posted on the Lin and Leo thread. Got to say I'm loving mine so much although have no need for it for a few more months!

8. I think I'm a bit allergic to changing bags. Haven't seen any I really like the look of, and my stomach churns at the price tags on some of them. Think my mum solved the problem on my birthday - she's got me a super-large Radley handbag. It's wipe-clean vinyl, has large handles for either putting on my shoulder or draping over the pram handle, and has several different-sized compartments inside. So I'm going to use this as my changing bag to start with and see how I go on. I figure when I'm out I don't want to be lugging a separate changing bag and handbag around - too much to carry - and this bag will hopefully do both, plus it's really pretty to look at (I'll see if I can find it online and link to it). Obviously as it's not designed as a changing bag it hasn't come with things like a changing mat, but I figure I can get one of those anywhere and put it in.

9. This is it: http://www.radley.co.uk/Product/32091_Pea_Pod.aspx

10. I saw afab one in mamas and papas then saw it was £130! nearly had a heart attack. i have since discovered that ebay shops are the way forward. not the used second hand bit, but the proper shops. theres millions!! all different styles too, rucksacs, traditional, some like large handbags. its made my day!

11. I got mine from ebay as well- it's a stripy one, brand new and really funky. I could not bring myself to spend £100 + on a bag which will spend most of it's life hung on the back of a buggy, have never really been a bag person anyway....I have never really noticed other peoples changing bags until now- am now looking at what prams other people have and what bag they are using. Sad, eh?!

12. sjw2007

sjw2007 New commenter

Mine came free with the pram! Not very stylish but does the job. Liking the idea of a big Radley bag though...

13. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Cool, I like this one and it is exactly like the lin and leo one. Is it a good one?

14. what am i like? i'd already posted!!!!!!
    Yes it's fantastic. It has a big zip so you can see right in to the bag and see all the contents in one go - something some others are incapable of doing. It has normal carry handles and a clip on shoulder strap for putting over the handles of a buggy. The leather is really soft and the inside is the same pattern lined as the accessories. the change mat folds up to a small size. There are 2 pockets on the outside which could be used for keys, purse etc so you are not carrying a separate handbag around. I really do love it! If there's anything else you want to know, just ask. I ordered mine online after seeing it in a magazine. I've not seen it in store but if you ordered it and didn't like it you could always send it back. Think they do free delivery over £40 or £50 so once you've popped a few nappies, wipes, maternity pads, breast pads, dummies, baby toiletries, cotton wool ............in your shopping cart the delivery would be free.

15. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

I really like it. Is the inside wipeable too?

16. I am sorry to gatecrash here and you are not going to appreciate my pickyness but I can't let this one go- it's leatherette! Which is basically plastic. Now there are some positives to this- it's cheaper, lighter (very important) and won't be marked by greasy creams but it certainly won't wear as nice as leather would.
    Each to their own but I like to treat myself to a nice bag once every few months (at an average of £40/ £50) but won't be doing this now until at least the end of potty training or even the end of potty training a second child so the way I see it I will be saving a right stack even if I buy the quilted Storksak Elizabeth which is £240! I am not going to though! I wouldn't dare take it out. I am sticking to the more conservative Lin and Leo.
    I have not bought a bag since finding out I was pregnant and intend to keep it that way to pay for the one I want.
    On the other hand if you don't mind what bag you carry then why spend loads on one that you will be filling with spare clothes and nappies? I am told the free one from boots is okay or a large handbag from somewhere like TKMaxx would work well. As for the fold out changing mats, look out for free ones that come with magazines. Alternatively make one from something, it's only to protect bubs from laying on some cold and germ filled surfaces! Use a muslin that san be stuck in the washer.
    MrsD xxx

17. Now that is bloody amazing!
    I have managed to subconciously log in using a username I have forgotten the password for! I had to set myself up as MrsDetermined AGES ago.
    This pregnancy brain comes in useful. Well, it would if I could remember what the password was.
    There really is no hope.

18. loobylou - i know it's leatherette and it doesn't bother me. i bought it beacue it is good value and ticked all the boxes. So what if it's not leather? I really had to stop and think about spending that much to be honest. It's really nice and i'm glad i made the decision to buy it. If it gets wrecked like you think it might then i'll get a cheap one. I would be mortified if i had a £100 and that got wrecked.
    for the lady that was interested, the lining is wipeable. so is the change mat and bottle bag