Ok, here's the situation... I applied for a job as a subject teacher in my current subject, which would mean taking a step down from my current position as a HoD. However, it was in a country I really want to teach in, and with a school which teaches IB, so I decided to go for it as it would mean more varied experience in a great place. I got an inteview (which is in two weeks time), but, since the offer, the school has now advertised for a Head of Faculty in my area, which would be a step up for me! Do I... 1)Stick with the subject teacher position as my aim 2)Apply for the HoF job 3) wait until the interview and then make it clear that I would be interested in the HoF job as well? I'm wavering as I wasn't sure about taking a step down, but I do really want to teach there and very few vacancies come up so should be greatful for any opportunity really... Any Heads/recruiters out there want to say what they'd prefer? Any advice? I tried phoning but they're on holidays for another week (lucky things!). Thanks.