1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing a TLR post

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by ANDERSON31, Apr 28, 2012.

1. I work in a special school and currently have a TLR for a very specific area of learning which I am well equipped to do and enjoy . We now have a new head who has done a restructure of the school and made all the TLR posts completely different, involving things that I have no desire to do whatsoever and am not very good at. She has said that we can apply for these if we want!! I have heard that my current TLR payment can be safeguarded for 3 years if I decide that this new role is not for me. Does anyone know any more about this? I am going to get in touch with my union and see what they have to say as well.

2. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

key point, OP, the school can decide what 'commensurate' respionsibilites you undertake in lieu of those described in your TLR during the 3 yrs of safeguarding.
    Also, any pay rises which come in will simply go to reduce the amount of safeguarded pay you get - altho' you can also reduce your level of responsibility in line with that.
    any change to the school's staffing structure <u>has</u> to be consulted on with the staff.