1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing A-level Lit Exam Boards

Discussion in 'English' started by VeronicAmb, Apr 3, 2016.

1. VeronicAmb

VeronicAmb Occasional commenter

We're currently on OCR Lit and although I enjoy teaching it, most of our students are finding it difficult. There could be a number of reasons such as the texts, linear, the cohort, etc. But I'm thinking of changing it. We were on AQA A Struggle for Identity from the current spec and changed to OCR for the new spec.

I didn't particularly like that one as I felt it just wasn't broad enough. I'm either thinking of changing to Edexcel or sticking with OCR, but changing the texts and some of the structure to our A-level (teaching in mixed ability rather than sets, etc).

I told my dept. to have a think about whether they wouldn't mind changing to Edexcel when we all come back for INSET.

If anyone is on Edexcel for the A-level Lit spec; what texts are you studying, how are your students/teachers finding it and what do you like and dislike about the spec?

Many thanks in advance.

2. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Have PM'd you.