1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changing a laptops battery charge settings - help please!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by camronfry, Apr 9, 2012.

1. camronfry

camronfry New commenter

I've got a Samsung laptop and recently a message popped up asking if I wanted to change the the charge settings so the battery only charges to 80% as this would (apparantly) extend the life of the battery.
    This is now proving a bit of a pain and I want to change it back to 100%. However, after looking in all the seemingly logical places (power settings in control panel etc.) I can't find out how to change it back.
    Any ideas would be very welcome coz this is getting on my nerves!

Thanks

2. camronfry

camronfry New commenter

I've got a Samsung laptop and recently a message popped up asking if I wanted to change the the charge settings so the battery only charges to 80% as this would (apparantly) extend the life of the battery.
    This is now proving a bit of a pain and I want to change it back to 100%. However, after looking in all the seemingly logical places (power settings in control panel etc.) I can't find out how to change it back.
    Any ideas would be very welcome coz this is getting on my nerves!

Thanks

3. Click "Start"
    All programs
    Samsung
    Battery Life Extender
    Battery Life Extender .
    Click "yes" if prompted. When the program
    launches you should have the option to go back and forth between 100 and
    80% on your battery.

4. camronfry

camronfry New commenter

Thanks very much Bauble, that's sorted it.
    It's easy when you know how!

5. BTW I like your avatar.
    The scene where they go into battle with the music blaring is brilliant. :¬))

6. camronfry

camronfry New commenter

And firing paint because 'it makes pretty pictures'. Classic.