1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to the Community site

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Oct 27, 2015.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

Some of you may have noticed some small changes to the Community site yesterday and this morning.

Following feedback from the forum members we have implemented the first set of changes to the site.

We have listened to your suggestions and feedback, and more changes will follow in the future but we hope this initial set of adaptations to the forums will be helpful to you all.

Send reply button

In a conversation (personal/private message), the post reply button has been changed to send reply:

upload_2015-10-27_14-3-30.png

Top button

We've added a top button at the bottom of the homepage, each forum landing page and thread page for people who wish to return to the top of the page to cut down on scrolling:

upload_2015-10-27_14-19-6.png

upload_2015-10-27_14-18-36.png

Most Popular Threads

A new panel on the right-hand side allows you to see at-a-glance the top threads on the forum. This panel appears on every page that you visit in the forums including your conversations and alerts:

upload_2015-10-27_14-22-32.png

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I have Send Reply in the forum as well as conversations @TES_Rosaline This is a snip of my reply box to this thread before I started typing.

upload_2015-10-27_14-50-51.png

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Thank you! :)

4. TES_Rosaline

Well spotted @marlin. Thank you. I forgot to include the fact that this button is in threads as well.

5. TES_Rosaline

I hope you like the changes. :)

6. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

@TES_Rosaline
    I use the alternative green version of the TES screens and the top button isn't present/visible yet
    All the other changes are there and are most welcome

7. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline
    I see the 'Most Popular Thread' box has replaced the 'Who's Online' box

8. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline
    I tell you what else I've lost...the ability to snoop at who's looking at what thread. It's used to be do-able with the 'Who's Online' box.

9. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Most Popular doesn't seem to reflect what is most popular in any dynamic sense.

10. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Administrator Staff Member

The most popular panel will show the the most viewed threads over the previous 5 days.

@yfel_endwerce we will not be making changes to the old beta view, all changes going forward will be to this version of the site only.

The 'who's online' box will be returning, just a little glitch on our side.

11. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

So I saw from the other thread where I gave reasons why that was a real problem for me.

12. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Administrator Staff Member

That's not to say we won't be making changes to this site going forward. We review all the feedback we get and continuously look at how we can improve the site, as I hope you can see from these recent changes.

13. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Today every time I move to a new page or different forum I'm being logged out.

14. TES_Rosaline

Hi @ilovesooty

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the site.

Please can you send me a personal message with the following information:

Your email address

The browser you are using

Operating System/device

Did you log straight in to the Community or did you log in on another part of the website before checking the forums?

Details about the name of the thread/forum you were looking at and the one that you tried to move to.

Thank you.

15. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline - Thanks. It seems to have corrected itself now.

16. TES_Rosaline

ilovesooty likes this.