1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to author payment system

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, May 14, 2019.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Hi @tesAuthorTeam. Just wondering how long the payments will take now. Usually if I withdraw it's on a Sunday and it comes through by Monday afternoon. It's Wednesday now and it hasn't yet. I realise it can take a few days - what I'm concerned about though is that I didn't seem to get any sort of confirmation email/message that my ID was accepted, so I'm wondering if there has been an issue.
    When are we expecting to see payments this week, will it always take a few days now and should I have had some sort of confirmation about the ID being accepted? If this is normal that's cool I'll stop worrying!

Thanks

Emily

2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

We are still paying authors on the existing payment system and we do not expect to see any changes yet. Expectations on payments in the near future should therefore remain as they have done over the last few years.

All ID submission to Stripe that has taken place is an advance preparation for future payments, don't fret if there's no quick updates/confirmations on that yet.

[Richard]

3. EC_Resources

Ah cheers! Thanks for the reply :)

4. ajs12345

ajs12345 New commenter

Is there a delay in the payments this week? Still waiting...

5. Elsasupport

Elsasupport New commenter

I never did update my details due to concerns over security and emails back and forth with TES. Now it seems I am unable to. There is no screen to go to, the message has disappeared. How do I update to Stripe now? @tesAuthorTeam All I have on my dashboard is how you are removing posts to followers. Are you not going ahead with this now?

6. EC_Resources

Withdrew Sunday and payment still not here. This only usually happens (and then it's rare) if there has been a bank holida on the Monday. Starting to get a bit concerned now :S

7. davlae

davlae New commenter

Same problem. Withdrew on Saturday, but still no sign of anything.

8. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

Some sort of resource would be most welcome. I am sure they have had many, many, many emails about this.

9. tesAuthorTeam

Apologies, there have been delays with payments this week. All payments are currently being processed before the end of the working day, however, we cannot guarantee the further processing times from your respective banks. The issues are no relation to the Stripe change.

Do not worry about Stripe document upload if your dashboard is not asking you for documents. Stripe make the assessment of what documents they need (and if they require them) from you beyond the financial information already submitted to Tes.

10. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

Can you please confirm that payments were processed on Friday?

11. EC_Resources

Getting rid of functionality and delayed payments are setting off red flags in my mind. It would be good to hear some positive plans about the future, Tes.

12. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

@tesAuthorTeam I hadn't got round to uploading my documents and i checked the FAQ and blog post and it said you'll be prompted from your dashboard. BUT all I'm getting on my dashboard now is the announcement about post to followers being discontinued. Please can you advise?

13. tesAuthorTeam

If you're not seeing a message regarding documents it will mean that no documents are required from you at this time. This will mean that currently we have all the required information to continue processing your payments. You will receive messaging as and when more information is needed.

[Richard]

14. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Thanks Richard, when I clicked on it initially it said I did need to upload documents. I just never got around to it so haven't done it.

15. ajs12345

ajs12345 New commenter

It's sounding to me like they are putting the whole Stripe thing on the back burner for a while...

oignon and TheGingerTeacher like this.
  16. Elsasupport

Exactly the same has happened for me. I hadn't gotten round to it due to emailing back and forth with TES and now it has disappeared. So one minute they want my documents and the next they don't.

oignon likes this.
  17. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

Isn't it more the case TES have changed the announcement at the top of the page so it is now about followers and has knocked the other off the screen. It probably needs documents still but the message is not there. Hopefully when they swap and people try to withdraw it will ask them then if they did not do it before.

18. Elsasupport

We will have to wait and see. I bet there are an awful lot who haven't uploaded their documents yet and now we can't?? I have a strong suspicion that Stripe may not happen. You would have thought that Stripe would have been just a tad more important than followers and also that TES can make more than one announcement at a time?