1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to author payment system

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, May 14, 2019.

1. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

Not yet

2. Mandymaths_TES

Mandymaths_TES New commenter

I have had no reply from an email sent 4 days ago either.
    I have no problem with giving my details to Stripe but why do Tes need my dob?
    They say that they are not keeping any documents themselves but my dob is not a document. Why, specifically, do Tes need my dob?

mathsmutt and Elsasupport like this.
  3. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Hi there authors,

Thank you for your comments regarding our change to Stripe. We understand that many of you have important questions about this change. An email is being sent out today which we hope will answer many of these, and we have also updated our blog and FAQs accordingly.

All information submitted is for Stripe's verification processes and is not held by Tes. Tes will not retain records of this data.

For all questions relating to Stripe's handling of data please review their website, a couple of relevant questions are answered here:

https://support.stripe.com/questions/passport-id-or-drivers-license-upload-requirement
    https://support.stripe.com/questions/identity-and-home-address-verification-documents

If you have questions relating to individual circumstances, please send these to authors@tes.com.

[Richard]

nwilkin likes this.
  4. oignon

oignon New commenter

I don't know if this information is of any help for the rest of you here but this is the reply I got to my question
    upload_2019-5-17_16-58-49.png

Attached Files:

5. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

@tesAuthorTeam @TES_Staff When do we know if our documents have been validated? Is it just when we try to withdraw next or will we get a message on our dashboard?

6. tesAuthorTeam

To be explicit about Date of Birth information - Tes is not collecting your Date of Birth information, this data is being collected by Stripe. Stripe uses the Tes website as a tool to collect their required data but none of this data will be seen by Tes or be stored on Tes servers in compliance with data protection laws.

[Richard]

nwilkin likes this.
  7. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

I don't know if this is any help to anyone either but here is the reply I got

You would need to submit photo ID such as a passport or driving license but, depending on your country, other documentation may be accepted, however as you have stipulated that you do not have a passport or photo driving licence you can find out all the details concerning documentation by following the below link.

https://stripe.com/docs/connect/identity-verification-documents

I hope this helps. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

8. tchristin

tchristin New commenter

It's a no from me then.

mathsmutt, vcurrie19 and oignon like this.
  9. oignon

oignon New commenter

From me too. Shop is closing!

mathsmutt, vcurrie19 and tchristin like this.
  10. Elsasupport

Elsasupport New commenter

This definitely makes me feel happier but I would feel even happier about it if you made that clear on the DOB screen. If you said 'these details are being collected by STRIPE and TES will not see or store these details in compliance with data protection laws' - or something along those lines. Please make it clear on your website before I start adding my details. Thank you

vcurrie19 and ajs12345 like this.
  11. oignon

oignon New commenter

Could someone from TES tell us the exact deadline for the transition? Until which date we can use the old system for withdrawals?

mathsmutt, vcurrie19 and tchristin like this.
  12. tesAuthorTeam

The Stripe payment system is still undergoing its final testing and implementation and we will inform you two weeks before we will be moving onto the new system, which will be the final opportunity to request withdrawals using the current payment system if desired. We have enabled authors to start authorising their accounts at this stage to minimise any disruption in payments when the change is implemented.

[Richard]

oignon likes this.
  13. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

Why does the minimum withdraw have to stay at $10/£10?

iandoublem and mathsmutt like this.
  14. ajs12345

ajs12345 New commenter

@tesAuthorTeam could you please clarify the following points raised earlier in the thread:
    1) will the introduction of stripe mean that it’ll be possible to withdraw funds more than once a week if so desired?
    2) as @Lead_Practitioner mentioned, will this new automated system mean that the loathed ‘transaction fee’ on resources under £2 will be scrapped?
    Many thanks

mathsmutt, vcurrie19 and EC_Resources like this.
  15. tesAuthorTeam

This is a carefully considered business decision in order to minimise change in user experience. For the purpose of continuity the minimum payment will remain at £10. This also removes any variation across the experience of different users around the world, not all of whom are able to use the same payment system.

16. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

Thanks for your response, but what happens when authors want to close their shop before the changeover to Stripe occurs and we have less than the required amount available to withdraw?

tchristin and mathsmutt like this.
  17. tesAuthorTeam

If your balance is below £10 and you wish to close your shop we will pay you the amount that is in your account to the most recently entered bank details. For security reasons we will not be able to pay this to any other bank account.

This is the only occasion on which we allow withdrawals below £10. Please inform authors@tes.com if you choose to to close your shop and they will start processing this request.

tchristin likes this.
  18. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

Perfect, thanks so much!

mathsmutt likes this.
  19. Psymarie8

Psymarie8 New commenter

What happens if you don't have photo id?

20. tesAuthorTeam

The frequency of withdrawal will continue as it currently stands at one withdrawal per week.

The transaction fee is a necessary feature in low cost purchases to cover platform costs and ensure long-term sustainability. As this is a feature of the purchase transaction this has no bearing on the royalty withdrawal. Therefore, there will be no change to the 20p fee on resources under £3.