1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to ARB qualifying age?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Middlemarch, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I believe you'll be fine. Have you applied for your pension for April 2012? Do it now. You can download the forms from the TPS website. A close friend who took her pension at 55 last January applied 6 months in advance.

2. Thanks for the reply, most reassuring. I'll fill the forms in now!

3. There is a lot of panic around from people approaching retirement. It is important to remember that these changes, if finally put in place, will apply only to future pension entitlements from 2015. So I can't see how the changes will have any impact on your situation.

4. Middlemarch

Good for you! You'll get your ARB lump sum on your birthday and then your first pension payment on that date the following month and thereafter.

5. Well, time has passed and things are getting closer. I submitted my paper ARB claim forms on 20th October via my last employer (as you have to if you are less than 6 months out of work)as it was not possible to do so on the TP website and they were received and 'logged on to their system' on 10th November. The progress bar has remained at 20% since then. It is now 2 months and 5 days until my payout is due. Is this a normal timescale, or should I give CapitaHartshead a nudge?

6. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

If you haven't already done so, it might be worth asking this on the Retirement Forum...

Happy retirement OP - as someone just past their 55th birthday I am trying to carry on for a few more years to maximize my entitlement...How long, only time will tell!

7. Middlemarch

Do you mean you've had no response at all about your application, or have you had some response acknowledging receipt of it?
    If you've had nothing at all, email or even ring them.

8. TP have put me up to 20% on the application progress bar on my personal area of their website, which is where it has been since Nov 10th.

9. No. the percentages are notoriously slow. I crept from 20 to 40% and then all of a sudden it was 100%. Don't panic yet.

10. Thanks roseangel, no panic here then.