1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Changes in NQT induction for short term supply teachers

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by dominant_tonic, Sep 3, 2012.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

http://www.gtcw.org.uk/gtcw/index.php/en/induction-and-epd-funding/induction-for-short-term-supply-teachers
    Am I reading this correctly????
    As a supply teacher I can use my daily day-to-day supply towards my NQT induction, providing I eep evidence of standards etc?
    If so, I am abolutely flipping ecstatic.
    Please someone have a read and tell me I am right :)
    Thanks.

2. dominant_tonic

Thanks loony tunes.
    I know. Sad state of affairs.
    To tell you the truth, I didn't realise how uptight I had been about it, but actually cried with relief yesterday when I read it in the teaching magazine from the GTCW.
    As far as CPD goes, I know what you mean. It sounds as if they are relying on the Masters course to do this, but then this is optional, and no subsitute for observation ets. It does mention somewhere about funding, but was so overawed I didn't really take it in.
    Will ring GTCW and confirm, and then will post back so everyone is aware. Might put it on personal too once I have the definitive. I know of a few people that didn't read the thing so had no idea about changes and would have missed registering had I not put it on bookface, so will get the word out once I know exactly.
    Thanks for posting. xx

3. dominant_tonic

i sent them a clarification Email, and yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    you can do induction on short term supply. No masters though, so not sure about where the funding goes, but that will be my next investigation :)
    For now, going out to sort out some folders etc for standards, and await tthe advice for setting up my portfolio.
    I have been really lucky with supply, so hopefully, by Christmas next year I will no longer be an NQT, regardless :) :)

4. darkness

darkness New commenter

This is totally messed up. I have been given totally different answers by all involved. Apparently you cannot count individual days. they must still be consecutive days with the same class in the same school? But my reading of this says nothing of the sort.

And they jump into telling me the 5 yr limit has been lifted for completing NQT. It actually never existed for completing your NQT. The 5 yr limit only ever applied to amount of short term supply you could do.

5. dominant_tonic

hi Darkness. No, they do not have to be consecutive, definitely, This is the screen you use to update your inductions which makes it clear that the sessions need not be in the same sahool. nor consecutive.[​IMG]