1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

changed to asd

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by lscgold, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi looking for any ideas/ advicee
    for the last several years i have been the teacher in a designated support unit for children with varying special needs in the junior range in a mainstream school- this term our designation was changed to asd -I am using the appropriate approaches and have a reasonable understanding of asd needs- however the children are much further onlong the spectrum and the need is much greater than we have experieced before. Planning is quite tricky as the pupils needs are really complex -smt have asked us to use elg's , but its quite tricky as the children are lower level 2. Have to say I'm a bit confused- just thought i would see if anybody had any ideas or advice that may help.[​IMG]

2. Hi looking for any ideas/ advicee
    for the last several years i have been the teacher in a designated support unit for children with varying special needs in the junior range in a mainstream school- this term our designation was changed to asd -I am using the appropriate approaches and have a reasonable understanding of asd needs- however the children are much further onlong the spectrum and the need is much greater than we have experieced before. Planning is quite tricky as the pupils needs are really complex -smt have asked us to use elg's , but its quite tricky as the children are lower level 2. Have to say I'm a bit confused- just thought i would see if anybody had any ideas or advice that may help.[​IMG]