1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Change of holiday wardrobe..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by josienig, Jul 10, 2018.

1. josienig

josienig Lead commenter

Off on to Spain in the morning for a few days, family wedding on Thursday. Shorts and short sundresses etc all packed since Friday.
    Sunday afternoon the doctor diagnosed the rash that appeared on my calf that morning as a skin infection, probably caused by an insect bite (I don't recall meeting the particular biting b*****d :mad:)
    I had to go shopping today for 'long' sunshine clothes..I did get a few nice things but I hate shopping under pressure.
    Am just glad that the wedding outfit is a long frock :D

*space has made in suitcase for the antibiotic, antihistimine and steroid tablets along with the antifungal cream that were prescribed o_O

2. theworm123

theworm123 Lead commenter

I always dress quite ‘un-seasonly’ in weather like this, I prefer lighter linen clothes and cotton t-shirts, I think the phrase ‘old before my time applies to me.

josienig likes this.
  3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I got bitten by a cleg on Saturday night on the river bank. Enjoy the break: Rossnowlagh last week and Spain this week, eh?

4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Oo, a wedding! Fun. And in Spain! Jealous.
    Wrt summer clothes, I prefer to cover up with below the knee skirts. You don't have to wear shorts and short dresses. Besides, nobody wants to see my maggoty white legs.

josienig and (deleted member) like this.
  5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Besides, you can always spot the tourists because of their clothing. The natives don't go around in playsuits, baking in the sun! :)

colpee and josienig like this.
  6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I get bitten to pieces. Spent French holiday spraying with Smidge and doubling up on the one a day anti histamine. The ones I'd had from the doc made me feel groggy.

josienig likes this.
  7. josienig

josienig Lead commenter

I don't have my usual maggotty white legs this year because weeks of sunshine! I just like wearing short clothes on holidays. :(

8. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I like wearing shorts. Full stop. Consequently my legs are always tanned.

Long clothes. I hate them. I don't like the feel of fabric around my extremities. I can't wear long sleeves. Fabric round your wrist! Yuk. No, no, no. Horribly restricting.

I get bitten plenty.

Have a lovely time. Just douse yourself in repellent and wear what you want.

josienig likes this.
  9. notrevlim

notrevlim Established commenter

I'm very conservative. Long sleeves. Long trousers.

Chatting to a Muslim neighbour who was wearing a white, full length kaftan robe and wishing I had the courage to wear something that looked so comfortable in this heat.

10. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

I've got 2 bites on my back. SO itchy and I can't reach them very well. I have to keep doing a Balloo the Bear impression on door frames!

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  11. josienig

josienig Lead commenter

I wish I knew what bit me, though the Chemist said that a number of people had been bitten by clegs.

I didn't make it to Rossnowlagh this year :D

Spain is lovely..spent the evening on a marina admiring yachts, now on a balcony, soon to bed. Oíche mhaith :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    racroesus likes this.
  12. josienig

josienig Lead commenter

Ouch..hope the door frames hold up!

onmyknees likes this.
  13. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

What exactly is a cleg? I've got a nasty horse fly bite on the back of my leg, there are a lot of those round here. Also a plague of pollen beetles although they are harmless.

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

[​IMG]

15. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Oh my dear Lord!! That looks terrifying!! :eek:

16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

A cleg.

17. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Yes, they are vicious little thugs.