1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chamniamogogoh song what's the melody?

Discussion in 'Music' started by figroll, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Hi hope someone can help.
    I learnt ages ago a ghanian song called Chamniamogogh ( think that is the right spelling) . I can remember the words but not the melody.it is a call and response song.
    First turn around /Chamniamogogoh
    Then go to ground / Chamniamogogoh
    then wave your arms and pull a face /Chamniamogogoh
    then funny walk around the place / Chamniamogogoh
    I think the Chamniamogogoh goes C_____CCCD_F_

If anyone can help it would be great. thanks fig

2. Hi hope someone can help.
    I learnt ages ago a ghanian song called Chamniamogogh ( think that is the right spelling) . I can remember the words but not the melody.it is a call and response song.
    First turn around /Chamniamogogoh
    Then go to ground / Chamniamogogoh
    then wave your arms and pull a face /Chamniamogogoh
    then funny walk around the place / Chamniamogogoh
    I think the Chamniamogogoh goes C_____CCCD_F_

If anyone can help it would be great. thanks fig

3. This might be far too late for you to see it but here's the version I've just learnt:

E C - - B D - - - / C CC C D E -
    (repeat)
    C C A G A G G G / C CC C D E -
    (repeat)

I'm wondering if it's an adaptation of the/a trad melody as the chords I learnt with it are a very jaunty C / Em / F / G for each line and it sounds very classroomy (but very lovely - one of the most cheering things I've heard in a long time!)

Have found a handout that points to www.lindsaymusic.co.uk so it might be worth contacting them to find out which of their books/materials you might find this one and other similar songs in.

If anyone else finds this on Google as I did - would love to know the language of the non-English parts!