1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Challenging Children

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by Dunteachin, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I'm not being rude, merely enquiring, but is English your first language?.....

2. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

what's it to you? i have asked the q's and if you can't offer a suggestion to the question that has been asled then don't reply with your remarks

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Because it might have something to do with their behaviour. Perhaps they have difficulty in understanding you.
    Just a thought.....

4. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

I don't think so,

5. Have you suggested that any of these children are seen by an educational psychologist? I feel that children don't continuously disrupt the class or remove themselves for no reason, they may be struggling with sensory overload which in turn effects concentration ability. Speak to them, speak to their parents and be very patient, find out if they have a particular interest that you can incorporate into the syllabus to grab their attention, praise them lots and be as animated as possible to keep their attention. Good luck!