1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Challenge me to find a cheaper flight for your holiday!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, May 15, 2008.

1. The earliest I could go is 26th July. Latest return perhaps 5th September.
    However I am concerned about hurricans from mid August. They were hit very badly last year inAugust.

2. misterroy

misterroy New commenter

506 euros, but its paid for now, on different dates too, thanks

3. Oh me please! Manchester or Gatwick to Malaga, round about the 23rd July. I want an afternoon flight if possible. Thank you :)

4. Where do I find the seat availability info? I don't have a max I would pay. I just want the best deal.

5. Oh yes sorry about that. £696 (two adults and a child) with Monarch from Manchester.

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Hi egyptian girl - I wonder if you can help?
    2 adults and a 14 YO to NYC (any airport) from Manchester - 1st to 22nd August.
    Can be flexible on dates - school holidays though obv!
    Best price WAS Aer Lingus changing in Dublin / Shannon - about £1700 - but this has just gone up to £2100!
    Need a sensible hub - not waiting around for hours . . . .
    thank you!

7. I assume you want a week away? If not is it a single?

Best week return is from Birmingham Ryanair/Monarch combo for £139 each so total £417.

If it has to be Manchester then £198 each using Ryanair and Jet2

8. Can you get to other airports?
    If so the best would be London heathrow as it would be £369. Early flights though
    Next best is £449 with budget air (emirates flight)

Frm gatwick it is £441 booking through travel bag - nice flight times

Best birmingham is £540 through travel bag

9. There are direct flights from Man to JFK on those dates £729 so £2187

Cheapest would be the same flight you mention at £585 each total £1755 through air lingus website

10. Thanks egyptiangirl, booked! :)

11. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Durn!
    Thank you egyptiangirl

12. Thanks egyptiangirl! I forgot about using sep airlines.

13. 2 adults
    dep between 12th and 14th june (dont mind which date or what time flights) for a week
    from either birmingham, luton, east mids or leeds brad. can get to a london airport or manchester at a stretch.
    to barcelona or gerona.
    Thanks! :D
    p.s please include baggage if you can - ive found flights as cheap as 15 each way but then they add taxes and charges and ridiculous costs for baggage.
    cheapest incl bags ive found is just under 300 with ryanair.

14. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Are you still finding cheap flights egyptiangirl?
    If so can you find me a flight to Queen Aliyah airport in Amman, preferably leaving from Gatwick 10th October and returning on the 17th? I can do Heathrow but it takes so long to get there, the easrliest I can get to LHR for check in is 9ish in the morning!

15. Sorry just seen this...

Gatwick -cheapest with stops £364/no flights without stopovers

Lhr- cheapest with stops -£387/without stops £530 (arrives in middle of night)

Hope that helps

16. Could you go 9th-16th instead? Gatwick would be £178!

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Who with? Sounds a good price!

18. Easyjet :)

19. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Hmmmm o/h did the Easyjet back from Amman last October, 5 hours is not a good flight with them, seats too uncomfortable. What was the other LGW flight you found?

20. Hi egyptiangirl could you search for flights from a northwest/midlands airport to Dalaman flying from around the 14th August.
    Many thanks