1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cha Hodges RIP

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jude Fawley, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Chas Hodges has passed away. I always though Dave Peacock would have gone first because he wasn't as keen to keep on the road as the duo Chas and Dave. I think for a while Chas played as a duo with Dave Peacock's nephew.

Anyway, Chas is dead. He was a true musician's musician and did loads of session work for Joe Meek.

Early on he was a proper rock star until he went into that Cockney pub routine.

2. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Their music wasn't generally my cuppa but I still get that song in my head whenever I see or hear anything about Ossie Ardiles,... he's had a dream for a year or two.... 'in the cup for Tottingham'

RIP

3. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Of course it's a good job I'm not carving his headstone.

4. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

I just read that two of his early jobs as a session musician were playing with Jerry Lee Lewis and Gene Vincent - I never knew that!

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

He played with loads of rock greats before he decided to create his own musical style. Chas and Dave's music is deceptive. They made it look and sound simple, but it wasn't. Here he is in Heads, Hands and Feet with Albert Lee.