1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ch..ch..ch..changes.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emerald52, Jan 13, 2016.

1. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

It's been an eventful past few days for me. Decisions have been made that will have major consequences. I'm feeling pleased that a period of uncertainty is over though.

ScotSEN, InkyP, Lara mfl 05 and 2 others like this.
  2. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Another one moving on?

emerald52 likes this.
  3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Me too. Varieties of excreta hitting rotating ventilators mean that change is on the way. (Not all of it bad).

ScotSEN, Lara mfl 05 and emerald52 like this.
  4. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

It's such a relief once a decision has been made. I can make plans for the future. I talked it over with a friend who had the necessary insight and that allowed me to go for it.

5. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

This will give away my age. I left the classroom twenty years ago this summer, after 25 years' teaching and several years between O levels and going to college.

Since then I have been involved in school travel and still deal on a regular basis with teachers who want to introduce their students to a world outside the classroom.

As it was my own business, each time (it wasn't often, I promise) there was a problem on a tour - maybe a bus broken down in early 1990s Poland, or a long flight delay, I was conscious that a wrong word or a wrong decision could cost me personally thousands of pounds.

It was only a year or two into this new régime that I realised how lacking in stress it was compared to the classroom.

Things in schools have not got better since then, I know.

So, emerald, your decision is made. I am sure it is the right one for you.

And...... breathe.

6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

This is the key to a better future for you. All the very best.:)

ScotSEN, emerald52 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Me too.

ScotSEN, lindenlea and emerald52 like this.
  8. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Good luck to all faced with making decisions. Teaching can overwhelm you so much that you get into a state where you become unable to see the wood for the trees.

ScotSEN, Lara mfl 05 and Didactylos4 like this.
  9. johnnymitchell

johnnymitchell Established commenter

Turn and face the strange.....

emerald52 and ScotSEN like this.
  10. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Pretty soon now you're gonna get older.....

(And then you die.)

ScotSEN likes this.
  11. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Good for you emerald 52. Enjoy your new life.
    Just heard today from an old school friend. His younger brother (mid 50's) took ill on 23rd Dec & life support switched off on 26th. Life's too short. To others - get out if you can & do what you'd most want to do.

12. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

You neve know what life will throw at you. Making plans is great but they might not always happen!

grumpydogwoman likes this.