1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CfE planning for ASN

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by VelmaDinckley, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Don't know if this is the best place for this post but the SEN forum only seems to apply to England. I am a teacher working with children with ASN. Currently, we use child-friendly IEPs and they work well. However, I am looking for planners or templates for those children who don't require an IEP but require support nonetheless. I am finding it very difficult to 'fit' my children and their needs into the outcomes and experiences of CfE.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi Velma
    What about the early Os and Es? We looked at this and thought to just change the wording may be suficient? We are all part-timers in our SEN dept (I mean we teach other subjects as our main posts) and are guilty of "neglect" - it isn't fair, but time is such an issue. Maybe someone more expert in this field can offer more help.
    Joni
    [​IMG]

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

duh..........sufficient (of course!)

4. Hi Velma,
    What about using a 'care plan' type template? With the move over ASP's, we now have far fewer children who are officially 'on the books', but have a significant number of children who previously had IEP's. Basically, this is just a template (made up by another school that we've adopted), which details the childrens additional support needs and how we plan to meet them. It doesn't involve parents, it's just within school. We class it all as broadly coming under the health and wellbeing outcomes - ie, social and emotional health. Their goals and targets are specific to them, as is the support - if it doesn't fall under any outcome, we put it in anyway, as it applies to that individual child. Hope that helps. :)