1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CfE Outcomes and Experiences

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by deleted963, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Right, I have that big ring binder.
    Where can I get an electronic copy of the Experiences and Outcomes? I've been on the site but for the life of me can't find any links.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Right, I have that big ring binder.
    Where can I get an electronic copy of the Experiences and Outcomes? I've been on the site but for the life of me can't find any links.
    Any help would be appreciated.

3. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

4. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

Google is your friend BJ
    http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/understandingthecurriculum/howisthecurriculumstructured/experiencesandoutcomes/index.asp
    Mostlry p*sh imho but they're all we've got.

5. Thanks!
    I am a complete dumbo sometimes, I spent ages looking for them, probably tripped over them once or twice!

6. If you can get onto GLOW (I can't - login has been locked!), you will apparently find plans made up by Angus Council - all levels and all areas. I have been using them because I refuse 'to re-invent the wheel'.
    Happy hunting!

7. Hello Velma,

Can you shed any light on their location within GLOW at all? I know you say you can't get in at the moment but GLOW, being as crappy as it is, isn't easily navigable and I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!!!

Thanks,
    [​IMG]

8. Hi
    I can't find them either, but Angus Council 'unpacked' and then 'repacked' all the outcomes. They had teachers expand on the original outcomes to include what the pupils will do / know and resources.

I have access to them all if you can't find them on Glow, let me know.

9. I find it astonishing how difficult it is to find general curriculum stuff (eg the outcomes and experiences). I'm computer/internet literate and spent an embarrassing amount of time looking for them yesterday, hence my original post.
    I must also be incredibly difficult for, eg, parents to find out what CfE is all about. If you click on the links that try to explain what CfE involves then you're none the wiser after reading through all the vague generalese and mumbo-jumbo. Also, this stuff explains (again, in vague generalese and mumbo-jumbo!) what CfE is trying to achieve rather than what it involves.

10. Couldn't agree more...I'm a GLOW mentor and still can't find stuff!
    As for parents, I sometimes wonder if they're going to look at Es and Os and think "I could do that with my kids" or "I already do that when I'm baking with them/helping them take care of a pet/etc/etc"

11. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Es and Os!
    Everytime someone mentions those initials at a meeting,I can't help hearing it said in a Manchester accent and I picture them being some late 80's drugs passed around at the Haccienda!!!!!

12. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

Quite. And isn't it funny that it's always 'Outcomes and Experiences' but 'Es and Os?'

13. Flyonthewall75

Flyonthewall75 New commenter

In one sense I suppose it's quite appropriate.
    A CfE is 'Es-y-Os-y' ....
    No-one has much of a clue what it's all about, anything seems to go and those in charge don't seem too concerned about the long-term implications.

14. Hi there,
    I've been reading through this and trying to find Angus 'unpacked' outcomes on Glow. Can't seem to find anything useful - do you still have them to share?

15. cassie511

cassie511 New commenter

Only people who work in Angus can access the unpacked outcomes. I think some other authorities have bought them but not sure which ones. If your authority hasn't bought them you won't be able to access them.

16. Flyonthewall75

Flyonthewall75 New commenter

Shock horror!
    Teachers found to be passing on unpacked experiences and outcomes.
    The council concerned has warned its staff that, for copyright reasons, this valuable educational resource may only be used within its own schools.
    Licences to use the unpacked experiences and outcomes are available to other LAs with money to spend.
    A senior source has reminded teachers that it is against the spirit of a CfE to avoid unnecessary duplication of work and every teacher, and school, must do the unpacking themselves unless they are prepared to pay.
    However, they hope teachers will continue to share their own work, ideas and resources for free on 'Glow' as this reduces the need for curricular content.
    The Educational Waffle (spoof publication)

17. If you ever find them on GLOW, I presume you'll be sorted for Es and Os.

18. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

[​IMG]

19. Saw your post on TES - even though I work for Angus Council can't seem to find them on GLOW - can you help?

20. Hi

I have just logged on to Glow for the first time in about a year! I couldn't find anything either. I don't think Angus Council put them on Glow?
    If you are a teacher you should be able to contact EDS and find someone who can help you....
    Sorry I can't be more help.