1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CFE - finding the balance

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by thenewboy, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Hi all
    I'm in my fourth year of teaching and since the introduction of CFE, the schools I've been in so far haven't really had generic weekly timetables. The school I've recently moved to, however, still use weekly generic timetables. I've been asked to submit mine to the Head by the end of the week.
    I'm finding it hard, though, to put each subject into a blocked time as I'm used to doing this weekly depending on the kids' needs. Would people mind looking at what I currently have and advising me? (I can't change PE or ICT due to school timetabling). Maybe even sharing your own if you use them?
    I know this is quite a task for me to ask of you, especially on my first post!
    Many thanks in advance [​IMG]
    Mon:HWB, Literacy, Literacy, Numeracy, Gaelic, RME
    Tue: Numeracy, Literacy, Literacy, HWB (PE), Sciences, Sciences
    Wed: Literacy, Technologies, Numeracy, Numeracy, EXA, EXA
    Thu: Numeracy, Numeracy, HWB (PE), Literacy, Social Studies, HWB
    Fri: French, EXA, Social Studies, Social Studies, Technlogies (ICT), HWB

2. Hi all
    I'm in my fourth year of teaching and since the introduction of CFE, the schools I've been in so far haven't really had generic weekly timetables. The school I've recently moved to, however, still use weekly generic timetables. I've been asked to submit mine to the Head by the end of the week.
    I'm finding it hard, though, to put each subject into a blocked time as I'm used to doing this weekly depending on the kids' needs. Would people mind looking at what I currently have and advising me? (I can't change PE or ICT due to school timetabling). Maybe even sharing your own if you use them?
    I know this is quite a task for me to ask of you, especially on my first post!
    Many thanks in advance [​IMG]
    Mon:HWB, Literacy, Literacy, Numeracy, Gaelic, RME
    Tue: Numeracy, Literacy, Literacy, HWB (PE), Sciences, Sciences
    Wed: Literacy, Technologies, Numeracy, Numeracy, EXA, EXA
    Thu: Numeracy, Numeracy, HWB (PE), Literacy, Social Studies, HWB
    Fri: French, EXA, Social Studies, Social Studies, Technlogies (ICT), HWB

3. Could you put some things under the heading of "Topic" or "Cross-Curricular" work?