1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cervical polyp

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by hoodedbrowser, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Well after 16 years of burying my head in the sand and ignoring the letters to go for a smear, I finally plucked up the courage to go for one. It was uncomfotable but not as bad as I'd expected UNTIL the nurse told me that I had a cervical polyp and it would have to be removed!!
    Now, not only do I have to wait nervously for the results of the smear but I will be waiting for the letter to attend an outpatients appointment to have this polyp removed. I wonder - is this karma for having put off the smear all these years??
    Has anyone ever had a polyp removed under local who would be willing to share their experience with me?

2. Well after 16 years of burying my head in the sand and ignoring the letters to go for a smear, I finally plucked up the courage to go for one. It was uncomfotable but not as bad as I'd expected UNTIL the nurse told me that I had a cervical polyp and it would have to be removed!!
    Now, not only do I have to wait nervously for the results of the smear but I will be waiting for the letter to attend an outpatients appointment to have this polyp removed. I wonder - is this karma for having put off the smear all these years??
    Has anyone ever had a polyp removed under local who would be willing to share their experience with me?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Not me, but my mum did.
    No less comfortable than a smear, though it took longer.

4. thanks for that lilac, the smear was uncomfortable and I thought I was going to have to stop the nurse at one point, hoping the gynecologist's more gentle [​IMG]

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yes, but you coped. You can cope again.