1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CEPD - how detailled is yours?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by chippy tea, Jun 17, 2007.

1. As the message says really - am trying to write mine tactfully so I don't end up doing all the marking for KS4 coursework or organising all out-of-school trips!

How long does each section have to be? So far have written 6-7 lines for each one. Am trying to refer to each standard too, and it's giving me a headache.

Help!

Chippy

2. As the message says really - am trying to write mine tactfully so I don't end up doing all the marking for KS4 coursework or organising all out-of-school trips!

How long does each section have to be? So far have written 6-7 lines for each one. Am trying to refer to each standard too, and it's giving me a headache.

Help!

Chippy

3. Look @ the examples and you will see there isnt really a "right" or "wrong" way. Its more how you want to do it.

4. our uni set ours as an assignment. Had to be 1200 words long.

5. I tell my PGCE students no more than two sides of A4, no less than one. Your NQT mentor in school will not want to read a book!

6. Mine is one side of A4 and my uni tutor said it was fine, he changed one line of mine and loads more on those of people who wrote pages and pages!

7. Mine was a pointless six sentences being responses to the prompt questions.

Uni made a big fuss about it but didn't seem concerned that it was meaningless waffle. My first NQT mentor simply said "What's the point of this?" and nobody has ever looked at it since...

8. That's why I asked - I'm getting mixed messages about the CEPD. One example I saw was incredibly detailled, referencing the standards where possible, whilst the examples on the TDA website are somewhat vague.

I'm aiming for somewhere in between - even if it is just one last hoop to jump through!

9. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I just filled in the gaps with 2 or 3 things each.

10. Any good NQT mentor will ask me what I want to develop.

I have to collect my CEDP from my final portfolio after it's all been assessed and moderated. Fortunatly I will be the other side of the country and I'm not going to spend £7.50 getting that pile of hoop-jumping trash back.

11. A Uni tutor should not be changing what YOU say in the CEDP. It is your statement, suppoosedly written after discussion/advice from your tutor, but you have complete ownership of the final document. The tutor is require to sign it, not to say he/she agrees with all that is in it, but simply to confirm that a discussion has taken place between you.

12. pooky ducky

pooky ducky New commenter

TDA website has a few examples - all set out slightly differently. There is no wrong way to do it, don't worry about it too much.

We emailed ours to our mentor to check prior to printing off the final thing.