1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CEO dismisses potential coronovirus legal action

Discussion in 'Staff, pupil & parent's wellbeing' started by mattpollock110, May 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mattpollock110

mattpollock110 New commenter

I just read an article on TES, link below, which was shocking. A CEO covering himself and the trust should any lawsuits be claimed. The ceo hastily wants to open all primary schools on 1st June and no day later and also secondary schools for year 10 and 12 on The 1st June!! What is inconsiderate is sidelining health and safety concerns of staff, parents and children and becoming immune of all legal repercussions for the haste opening. Is this how we are all heading in the next few weeks?

https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus-anger-over-arrogant-academy-email-covid-19-risks

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I was under the impression there was a group of academy CEOs who have made it very clear they will be opening on 1st June. These large groups account for something like 1/4 of the country's pupils.

3. Newidentity

Newidentity New commenter

Much as I dislike the idea of praising an academy, I have to say that you cannot tar them all with the same brush. My MAT are not rushing into any plans to open secondary schools up to more students, and seem to be trying very hard to keep us informed.