1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Central Paris Hotels - Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by doomzebra, Jan 16, 2011.

1. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

2. Villa Van Gogh

Stayed there last October for a city break with my daughter

Good price, clean, nice breakfast

Close to many sites and shops, close to a Metro

3. How realistic are your expectations? The two star ones are around £100 a night - we stayed at the Hotel de la Paix Montparnasse when we went with the kids. It was fine - clean, comfortable, decent breakfast, but a Metro ride away from most things unless you like walking. That was 15 years ago - things change!

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

http://www.hotel-gramont-opera.com/
    We used this last year. Very pleasant but went out for brekkie - found a cheap cafe and watched everyone rush off to work as we munched our croissants.
    It wasn't too dear but we went before Easter - had a quick look and it seems rather expensive now, ho hum.

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

It seems to depend very much on your dates as ever.

6. The hotel will be as naught compared with stopping anywhere for a coffee!

7. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Someone from another teacher forum recommended this one, and had this to say -
    I
    stayed with a group of pupils here in late Nov. We were the only
    group and all pupils had twin or triple rooms. It's not the Ritz but is
    very clean and in a great place.

Breakfast
    typically French except that the coffee was from a " machine " and
    that was only disapointing feature.
    http://www.excelsior-paris-hotel.com/index.html
    C

8. I recommend you take a look at this thread on TA:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k4165638-o20-College_Student_Spring_Break_Itinerary_Recommendations-Paris_Ile_de_France.html
    I often use TA to plan future trips.

9. Update... I have just booked a flight and hotel (15 walk from the louvre) and am off in April. So excited, just researching all the places I want to visit.

10. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

That sounds lovely. Hope you have a lovely time.

11. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

12. I´ve been looking into some of the areas around Paris and really like Monparnasse. It´s where Hemingway and Picasso hung out back in the day and it still retains a thriving bihemian scene. Lots of Cafes and clubs to check out. One hotel I found that looks good is Hotel Concorde Montparnasse. Its close to a subway station so getting around and exploring is easy.
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td class="xl65" style="height:15pt;width:104pt;">
    </td>
    </tr></table>

13. Do you mean Montparnasse?
    Where is the subway in Paris? What is bihemian? Why does Cafe have a capital letter?
    Don't you think getting around and exploring is easy anywhere in central Paris?
    Would you, by any chance, be a spammer?