1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Central Berkshire meet

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cathyd, Feb 28, 2011.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

thanks cathyd.i am intending to try and come.....will be a nice ride out ...now can he scrounge a visit to belle mansions lol
    no, not eally...i wouldnt impose.

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

Look out for this place then:
    [​IMG]

It is next-door-but one to a church (same side of the road) by the entrance to The Butts Car Park, by the Magistrates Court and the Police Station.
    As you arrive you walk through the shop, past the counter where they sell pies to take home
    [​IMG]

and up a few steps into the bar

[​IMG]

before heading into what used to be a lovely walled beer garden.

We'll be out there!
    See you on Wednesday!

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Oldie.....you may call in for afternoon tea! [​IMG]

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

will you bring some wedding photos along, please Belle?

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

6. Sorry, Henriette and Belle, but I don't think it would work. He is a huge bouncy boy who can clear a table with a wag of his tale, and I don't know how he will react to a train journey!

7. zee-bra

zee-bra New commenter

Will be coming but wont be there till 1.15 as problems with where son was going. Will not be eating though so will pop in to have a drink and say hello.

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

Lovely to meet you all - thanks for coming!

H

9. anteater

anteater New commenter

Likewise. V sorry if I was rather quiet. Not sure if it was the white walls or the skylight or just bad luck, but I began to feel a bit strange and then had what I believe is known as a visual migraine. Don't have them very often, but find them scary as I have a history of detaching retinas and flashing lights are never a welcome sign. Seems to be ok now though!
    Thanks for organising it [​IMG]

10. BelleDuJour

It was real fun.....and yummy pies!
    Very much a 'ladies day' though.....Oldie will be very sorry to have missed it [​IMG]

11. henriette

henriette New commenter

I forgot to say, Belle, they didn't have any green papayas in this morning when I went to get you one, just ripe ones [​IMG]

H

12. Glad you had a good time. So sorry to have missed it. Ironically, I think puppy might have coped well with smaller number - he went to a pub lunch with 12 shrieking women a while back and fell asleep under the table. Latecomers didn't even realise he was there! I was just worried that if he didn't settle, I'd be fussing with him and you'd all think I was a rude baggage ignoring you all. Will definitely come if there is a next time. Unripe papayas? Why??

13. henriette

henriette New commenter

a Raymond Blanc recipe

14. Do tell - love Raymond!

15. henriette

henriette New commenter

16. Lovely pies and great company. Thanks for organising it H!
    Car tax sorted, plus picked up some interesting non-fiction books for my book corner in the Oxfam book shop on the way back... New jumper, top & scarf from East not bad either... that'll teach me to have a glass of wine at lunchtime! [​IMG]
    C x

17. BelleDuJour

I too managed a bit of sneaky retail therapy on my way back to the car. How naughty!

18. BelleDuJour

I too managed a bit of sneaky retail therapy on my way back to the car. How naughty!

19. BelleDuJour

How come that posted twice?
    Anyway....let's do it again soon ladies!

20. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Will endevour to be in right county at right time next time.....