1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Centenary celebrations

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by minizog94, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi. As part of our school centenary celebrations, I have to plan a day in which our nursery children (3-4 year olds) will have a taste of school life a hundred years ago. I have done a little research and thought I might link some aspects of the day to the Macmillan nurseries that were starting around that time - so outdoor play! Has anyone done this before and maybe have some games/ideas for toys/activities that will interest the children. As it is a girls' school, I thought maybe aprons could be made for all but unsure if this was the way at the time...
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

2. If you type girls schools 1900 in google you will get lots of pictures of the sorts of clothes from that time period. Our local museum do a Victorian school experience - a bit earlier I know but maybe your local museum may do the same.