1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Census Campaign

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafkam, Feb 26, 2011.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

The British Humanist Association has started a campaign to encourage non-religious people to tick the 'No religion' box on the census when it comes, rather than opting for a "token" religious connection.
    I will be ticking "no religion", much as I ticked "none" ten years ago, but what will everyone else do?
    [​IMG]

2. tafkam

The British Humanist Association has started a campaign to encourage non-religious people to tick the 'No religion' box on the census when it comes, rather than opting for a "token" religious connection.
    I will be ticking "no religion", much as I ticked "none" ten years ago, but what will everyone else do?
    [​IMG]

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Non!

4. I will be ticking the box that is next to the religion I practice

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I think I fancy being a Buddhist this time round.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I'm a Christian and so that's the box I will tick.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Just don't vote Jedi!

8. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Why not?

9. lilachardy

Because you should tell the truth.

10. But where is the fun in that?

11. lilachardy

It's not supposed to be fun!

12. Ah, I did not realise that there was a "fun" version of the census too

13. It's a really interesting question I reckon. For years I put a particular christian denomination as my religion on various forms, when really, I have no faith and follow no religion, I suppose it was a sort of safety net.
    I'll think carefully when completing my census form. I think I put none last time, but it was 10 years ago, and I can't really remember.

14. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I cannot remember filling in the census 10 yrs ago, I must have I suppose, unless I was out?[​IMG]

15. tafkam

Haha, that's one way of confessing a crime.
    It was yellow. I filled mine in on the floor as I recall.

16. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

So it was a form that had to be posted off somewhere? Then I will have filled it in just don't remember, 10 yrs is a long time though isn't it?
    Why do I remember the one done 20 yrs ago though [​IMG]

17. tafkam

That's a good question. I don't really recall, butI presume so. I remember mine being delivered by a woman who looked to be in her 60s carrying a bag not unlike a paper boys. And I remember a colleague of mine was a collector who went round chasing people up, but presumably most of us just posted them back?

18. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I don't remember being chased for anything so I must have posted it or someone collected it later?

19. lilachardy

You will have posted it, yes.

I think mine was red though.... well, pinkish pale red.

20. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Do you think Jedi will be an option this time or will you have to write it in the 'other' box ?